VentureDash uses 50 for overall scores instead of 100 to keep scores from feeling like a traditional "grade" to entrepreneurs. There is no "failing grade" in an entrepreneurship competition.
Each component score on the leaderboard is an average across all the scores entered by judges for that component. We call this the Average Component Score.
To calculate the overall score:
- First, take each Average Component Score and make it a percentage to create the Average Component Score Percentage.
- Next, multiply each Average Component Score Percentage by the user-defined Component Weight to create a Weighted Component Score.
- Finally, add all Weighted Component Scores together to create a composite score out of 50, which is the Overall Score for the business.
- Weighted Component Score = Average Component Score Percentage * Component Weight
- Overall Score = (All Weighted Component Scores Combined) * 50